U-ADEPT Testing Schedule
U-ADEPT test sessions are usually scheduled once a week each Fall and Spring semester beginning in October and February. Sessions are also scheduled during the summer and the week before classes begin in the Fall.
To find out when test sessions are available and to reserve a time slot, call Sherri Niesz in the English Language Institute office at 330-972-7544. She will let you know what sessions are open and register you for the test.
If the test schedule has not yet been determined when you call, Ms. Niesz will take your name and contact information and put you on a waiting list.
Please call well in advance of when you need the test to ensure that you can reserve a time slot.
How Can I Register for the U-ADEPT?
Registering for Your Test
When you schedule your test, Sherri Niesz will ask for your name, your department, your address, your phone, and your e-mail. To reserve your time, you must pay for the test when you register.
The fee for the U-ADEPT is $125.00, which is payable when you register. You will not be allowed to take the test until the payment is complete. If your department is paying for you, they will make arrangements with the ELI to cover your fee. If you are paying for yourself, you can pay by check, money order, or credit card. Checks and money orders can be delivered to 302 Olin Hall and should be made payable to The University of Akron/ELI.
Fill out the U-ADEPT Registration Form online, print it off, and bring it with you when you come to take the test. Be sure to answer all of the questions completely.
Also, when you come for the test, please bring
- a photo ID.
- copies of your TSE score reports if you have already taken the Test of Spoken English (TSE).
Canceling and Rescheduling Your Test
If you must cancel your test, please let the ELI know as soon as possible. Call 330-972-7544 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to re-schedule for another date, every effort will be made to test you as soon as possible. If you decide not to reschedule the test, your payment will be refunded to you.
Retaking the U-ADEPT: Scheduling a Second Administration
If you do not earn a passing score on the U-ADEPT, this indicates that you need more exposure to English and more time to acquire a higher level of speaking proficiency. For this reason, you will not be able to schedule another testing session for six months. The six-month interval will give you time to improve your skills.
SCHEDULING, REGISTRATION and TESTING CHECKLIST
Follow these steps to schedule, register for, and take the U-ADEPT:
- Schedule your test by calling 330-972-7544 and talking with Sherri Niesz or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Register for the test giving Sherri Niesz your name and contact information and by paying the $125.00 testing fee.
- Fill out the test registration form completely, print it from your computer, and bring it on test day.
- Before your test, read the information for test takers so that you know what to expect on test day.
- On your test day, go to Olin Hall, Room 302. Be sure to arrive on time and to bring
- Your registration form
- Copies of any TSE scores that you have
- A photo identification
- Any materials that you need for your teaching simulation