March 11, 2017
How to Apply
Understanding the rules and guidelines, and properly completing all of the paperwork is an important part of completing your BEST Medicine project.
1) Complete the online registration
Registration is closed
Before registering, please read
2) Complete the appropriate Student Application Forms (download the fillable pdf files listed below). You can download the entire Student Application packet, but these forms are NOT fillable pdfs. Therefore, we suggest that you download the individual required forms below and not the entire packet. Application material must be postmarked by February 10, 2017.
3) Send via ground mail to The University of Akron. The forms can also be emailed or faxed (with the necessary signatures).
NOTE: If you are participating in The 64th Annual Northeastern Ohio Science and Engineering Fair (NEOSEF) or The Western Reserve District 5 Science Day (WRD5 Science Day) you may submit a copy of the appropriate forms in place of the BEST Medicine Application Forms, but you still must register online!
Student Application Forms (fillable pdf):
INDIVIDUAL participants must complete the following forms:
TEAMS must jointly complete the following forms:
Each TEAM MEMBER must complete the following forms individually:
Complete the following forms IF applicable to the project:
- Regulated Research Institutional/Industrial Setting Form 2
- Qualified Scientist Form 3
- Vertebrate Animal Form 4
- Vertebrate Animal Form 5
- Continuation Projects Form 6
- Human Subject Consent Form 7
- Human and/or Animal Tissue Form 8
- Risk Assessment Form 11
- Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Risk Assessment Form 12
Download the 2017 BEST Medicine Student Handbook and Rules and Regulations for all of the guidelines you will need to follow to compete in BEST Medicine.