The College of Engineering at The University of Akron
The College of Engineering produces some of the most sought-after, job-ready engineering graduates in the country.
UA and Soap Box Derby partner on STEM education for eighth graders
With National Science Foundation grant, researchers will seek to increase students’ enthusiasm for careers in STEM, beginning with 8th grade science students in Akron Public Schools.
College of Engineering professor elected AIAA Associate Fellow
Dr. Alexander Povitsky has been elected to the grade of Associate Fellow in the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).
- Women in Engineering program (WIEP)
- Increasing Diversity in Engineering Academics (IDEAs)
- Engineering Tutoring Program
By many measures, our college is growing:
- 92% job placement within six months of graduation
- 122% increase in undergraduate enrollment since 2004.
- 30% increase in graduate enrollment since 2004
- 4x growth in research expenditure over the last 8 years
College of Engineering
Auburn Science and Engineering Center (ASEC)
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-3901