BS in Construction Engineering Technology Program Accreditation
The bachelor's degree program in Construction Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years after graduation. Program educational objectives are based on the needs of the program’s constituencies (i.e., students, alumni, employers of our students, and faculty of the program), including being able to:
- effectively apply the concepts of construction engineering, including fundamentals of design and project management.
- have the skills and knowledge to be successfully employed in mid- to upper-level management and leadership roles in the construction engineering technology field.
- conduct work with an appropriate level of broad-based technical expertise related to construction administration and project management.
- conduct business with the knowledge, dexterity, and communication skills needed to deal with fellow workers, clients, and the public.
Student outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the program. The student outcomes for the BS in Construction Engineering Technology program are:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Enrollment and graduation data for the Bachelor of Science degree program in Construction Engineering Technology can be found here.