The College of Engineering at The University of Akron
The College of Engineering produces some of the most sought-after, job-ready engineering graduates in the country.
Local middle and high school girls learn from UA inventors, researchers
More than 200 young women from local school districts descended upon The University of Akron last Saturday to take part in an event designed to teach girls how the innovations of women have impacted the world.
Ph.D. student wins Tire Science and Technology Award
Bo Li, a Ph.D. student in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, won the Superior Student Paper Award at the 33rd annual meeting and Conference on Tire Science and Technology, held here in Akron recently. The international conference, hosted by The Tire Society, drew students from the United States, China and Japan.
- Women in Engineering program (WIEP)
- Increasing Diversity in Engineering Academics (IDEAs)
- Engineering Tutoring Program
By many measures, our college is growing:
- 92% job placement within six months of graduation
- 122% increase in undergraduate enrollment since 2004.
- 30% increase in graduate enrollment since 2004
- 4x growth in research expenditure over the last 8 years
College of Engineering
Auburn Science and Engineering Center (ASEC)
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-3901