We are committed to protecting your privacy. This statement describes how we handle information collected on our primary website and through digital marketing activities.
Information our .edu site collects:
- names (collected only when submitted by the user)
- addresses (collected only when submitted by the user)
- phone numbers (collected only when submitted by the user)
- email addresses (collected only when submitted by the user)
- IP addresses
- access dates and times
- referrer pages
- pages requested
- browser and computer information
- user agent
- files downloaded
- errors encountered
- purchasing information
Why we collect this information:
- to provide a better and more personalized web experience for you
- to personalize communication to you via email and other means
- to enable your access to and use of the website services
- to measure the effectiveness of our communication and website
- to gain insight into user behavior
- to conduct market research
We do not sell or rent information we collect on our site. We do partner with agents or sub-contractors for the purposes stated above; and as part of that relationship, we disclose personal information to them. The agent or sub-contractor in question is obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
The University may partner with third parties to place ads on websites unaffiliated with UA. These non-affiliated sites may send and share visitor information and browsing behavior, collected in accordance with their own privacy policies, with UA. They may also display advertisements to previous visitors of the UA site.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, The University of Akron may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
How this information is collected:
- web forms
- scripts and server logs
- custom URL parameters
- registration for an event or course
- newsletter sign-up
- to place an order:
To opt out
Most modern web browsers provide a user privacy setting, which when enabled, informs websites to disable its information collection methods. More information.
Responsible internet advertisers have tools to opt-out or control advertisements and tracking. They include:
How we protect information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
- Policies and Procedures for Student Records
- Information Technology Security and System Integrity Policy
- Customer Information Security Policy
- Social Security Number Use Policy
- Identity Theft Detection, Prevention and Mitigation Policy
- Policies and Procedures for Release, Privacy and Security of Selected Health Information
- Records Retention Information
The University of Akron may update this privacy statement by posting a new version on this page.
Please check this page occasionally to familiarize yourself with any changes.
Send questions about this statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.