Auburn Science and Engineering Center
302 Buchtel Common
Akron, OH 44325-3901
The Dean's Office
- Dr. Craig Menzemer, Interim Dean, 330-972-6978
- Dr. Joan Carletta, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, 330-972-7691
- Dr. Julie Zhao, Assistant Dean, Recruiting, Retention and Marketing, 330-972-2823
- Katey Yinger, Coordinator of Administrative Services, 330-972-6978
- Dr. Frank Loth, Chair, 330-972-6820
Chemical, Biomolecular, and Corrosion Engineering
- Dr. Lu-Kwang Ju, Acting Chair, 330-972-7252
- Dr. Wieslaw Binienda, Chair, 330-972-7286
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Dr. Robert Veillette, Chair, 330-972-7649
- Dr. Sergio Felicelli, Chair, 330-972-7367
UA Engineering is a part of the College of Engineering and Polymer Science, which is based in the Auburn Science and Engineering Center (ASEC), near the center of campus. Our building sits on Carroll Street, between the Student Union and Mary Gladwin Hall.
WHERE TO PARK
The closest parking options are listed below or you can see a list of all campus parking options.
- Student Union (Lot 18): Metered spaces available
- Schrank Parking Deck* (Lot 37): Parking garage across the street from ASEC
- Visitor parking garage (Lot 25): Gated lot located at 248 E. Buchtel Avenue
*Requires a parking pass provided by the Admissions office or by the College of Engineering and Polymer Science. If you have not been provided a pass, you may visit Parking and Transportation Services for a $6 one-day pass.
To the Dean’s Office in ASEC
- From the Student Union: Located off the bridge, enter through the main entrance for ASEC. Inside the building, go up the central staircase and the Dean's office is to the right.
- From the Schrank Parking Deck, facing the parking deck, go up the external staircase to access the main entrance for ASEC. Inside the building, go up the central staircase and the Dean's office is to the right.
Directions to the Margaret F. Donovan Student Design Center
- The entrance is located along the side of ASEC on Carroll Street.
Directions to the Engineering Research Center (ERC)
- Located on Wolf Ledges Parkway.
- If you are coming from ASEC, walk down Carroll Street away from the Student Union, then turn right onto Wolf Ledges Parkway.
- The ERC is the first building on the left side of the street.