SummaCare (also known as Apex Benefits Services)
SummaCare Customer Service: 800-753-8429
Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Active Employee PPO Gold Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Active Employee PPO Blue Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Retiree Dependent PPO Plan
- Retiree Dependent Medicare Supplement Plan
- Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
The University follows the Affordable Care Act’s “U.S. Preventive Services Task Force” guideline for 100 percent University-paid preventive care.
Certain services require pre-authorization by SummaCare. If the patient is using an in-network provider, it is the physician's responsibility to obtain a pre-authorization. If the patient is using an out-of-network provider, it is the patent's responsibility to obtain prior authorization. Prior authorization can be waived in emergency situations. If the University's medical insurance is being used as secondary coverage, prior authorization is not required.