New Roo Weekend | The kick-off to your Akron Experience!
Friday, Aug. 22 through Sunday, Aug. 24
We're still planning New Roo Weekend 2014 and trust us, you don't want to miss it! We'll let you know when the details are ready. For now, take a look at some of the common questions below.
The weekend is exclusively for new students. But don't worry parents and guests — there will be hundreds of events in the months ahead that you can attend with your new student.
- A backpack or some sort of container to hold handouts.
- A notebook and pen/pencil.
- A printout of your class schedule for the fall.
- Your postcard with your team number on it (postcards will be mailed the first week of August)
- Printouts of your Focus 2 Career Profile. You must take Focus 2 (for free!) before New Roo Weekend. Please explore all of Focus 2, but definitely do each self-assessment. Print your profiles and bring them with you!
We have a weekend of events, activities and workshops to help you successfully transition into your role as a UA student.
Yes. Think of college as an investment, like buying a car. You had to learn how to drive a car, how to maintain it, how to get the most out of it. College is the same. At New Roo Weekend, we'll give you dozens of tips to help you get ahead. You'll meet new friends, faculty members and staff. Plus, you'll have some fun, too. You don't want to miss it!
Yes! We have a lot to share, and we've carefully planned each day to help prepare you to succeed academically here.
No. Students will be expected to commute to and from campus as they would for class.
No! New Roo Weekend builds upon your Advising and Registration program. We'll be sharing a lot of new information during New Roo Weekend.