Nutrition and Dietetics Advisory Board
Mission and Vision:
The Board exists to assist the faculty, staff, and students of The University of Akron in ensuring an optimal educational experience.
The purpose of the Nutrition/Dietetic Programs (NDP) Advisory Board is to assist and support the Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP), the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), the Food and Environmental Science Program (FEN), the Nutrition Center, and the Graduate Program in Dietetics at the University of Akron.
The Board serves an advisory role that provides strategic direction and resources for the programs. It also enhances the programs enabling competencies of people, documented excellence, student success, community engagement and shared leadership.
Past President: Angela Klettinger
President: Beth Knorr
President Elect: Yvonne Marzick
Secretary: Sally Phillips
Treasurer: Kristy Piekarski
2015-2016 Board Members: Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, Ariana Frangos, Amber Gorman, Meenal Harankhedkar, Caryn Heller, Shannon Kane, Vivek Narayan, Calvin Reynolds, April Ryzner, Dawn Scott, Katie Stitzel, and Kris Willings
- To continue to provide financial support and resources for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enrich the educational opportunities and academic support to the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enhance the advocacy for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs to the community, industry, and The University of Akron.
- Continue with the financial growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs Advisory Board Scholarship and support other needs of the program.
- To identify new revenue streams to support the growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs.
- To support and advocate for N/D programs during the University of Akron reorganization process.
- To expand mechanisms for Board Member- Student Mentorship activities.
- To support Nutrition and Dietetic academic programs' accreditations.
- To enhance and update Board webpage, board member orientation process and bylaws as needed.
Advisory Board Scholarship
Resource Development and Public Relations
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
Meeting are held on the following Thursdays at 4:00PM in SHS 209
November 19, 2015
January 21, 2016
February 18, 2016
April 21, 2016
If you would like to know more information on making a donation to the scholarship endowment, please call 330-972-7319 or contact:
The University of Akron
NDP Advisory Board
School of Nutrition and Dietetics
Schrank Hall South 210
Akron, Ohio 44325-6102