Nutrition and Dietetics Advisory Board
Mission and Vision:
The Board exists to assist the faculty, staff, and students of The University of Akron in ensuring an optimal educational experience.
The purpose of the Nutrition/Dietetic Programs (NDP) Advisory Board is to assist and support the Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP), the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), the Food and Environmental Science Program (FEN), the Nutrition Center, and the Graduate Program in Dietetics at the University of Akron.
The Board serves an advisory role that provides strategic direction and resources for the programs. It also enhances the programs enabling competencies of people, documented excellence, student success, community engagement and shared leadership.
Past President: Kurt Kleidon
President: Angela Klettlinger
President Elect: Beth Knorr
Treasurer: Michael Brandenstein
2014-2015 Board Members: Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, M. Renee DiMeo, Becky Fox, Caryn Heller, Yvonne Marzick, Vivek Narayan, Jill Oldham, Sally Phillips, Kristy Piekarski, Dawn Scott, Calvin Reynolds, Beverly Shaffer, Katie Stitzel, Kristine Willings.
- To continue to provide financial support and resources for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enrich the educational opportunities and academic support to the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enhance the advocacy for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs to the community, industry, and The University of Akron.
- Continue with the financial growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs Advisory Board Scholarship and support other needs of the program.
- To identify new revenue streams to support the growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs.
- To support and advocate for N/D programs during the University of Akron reorganization process.
- To expand mechanisms for Board Member- Student Mentorship activities.
- To support Nutrition and Dietetic academic programs' accreditations.
- To enhance and update Board webpage, board member orientation process and bylaws as needed.
Annual Nutrition Forum
Advisory Board Scholarship
Resource Development and Public Relations
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
Meeting Dates are Thursdays at 4:00PM on:
Thursday, August 21 – Green Market District Community Room
Thursday, September 18 – University of Akron, Schrank Hall, Room 209
Thursday, October 16 – Akron Canton Foodbank + Social event after meeting
Thursday, November 20 – University of Akron, Schrank Hall, Room 209
No Meeting in December –Happy Holidays!
Thursday, January 15 – Shaw JCC
Thursday, February 19 – University of Akron, Schrank Hall, Room 209
Thursday, March 19 – University of Akron, Schrank Hall, Room 209
Thursday, April 16 – University of Akron, Schrank Hall, Room 209
If you would like to know more information on making a donation to the scholarship endowment, please call 330-972-7319 or contact:
The University of Akron
NDP Advisory Board
School of Nutrition and Dietetics
Schrank Hall South 210
Akron, Ohio 44325-6102