Nutrition and Dietetics Advisory Board
Mission and Vision:
The Board exists to assist the faculty, staff, and students of The University of Akron in ensuring an optimal educational experience.
The purpose of the Nutrition/Dietetic Programs (NDP) Advisory Board is to assist and support the Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CP), the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), the Nutrition Center, and the Graduate Program in Dietetics at the University of Akron.
The Board serves an advisory role that provides strategic direction and resources for the programs. It also enhances the programs enabling competencies of people, documented excellence, student success, community engagement and shared leadership.
Past President: Laura Szekely
President: Kurt Kleidon
President Elect: Angela Klettlinger
Secretary: Patti L. White
Treasurer: Michael Brandenstein
2013-2014 Board Members: Stephanie Carroll, Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, M. Renee DiMeo, Becky Fox, Caryn Heller, Janie Janosky, Beth Knorr, Jill Oldham, Anna Patry, Kristy Piekarski, Dawn Scott, Calvin Reynolds, Beverly Shaffer, Katie Stitzel, Kristine Willings.
- To continue to provide financial support and resources for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enrich the educational opportunities and academic support to the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs.
- To enhance the advocacy for the Nutrition and Dietetics Programs to the community, industry, and The University of Akron.
- Continue with the financial growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs Advisory Board Scholarship and support other needs of the program.
- To identify new revenue streams to support the growth of the Nutrition and Dietetic Programs.
- To support and advocate for N/D programs during the University of Akron reorganization process.
- To expand mechanisms for Board Member- Student Mentorship activities.
- To support Nutrition and Dietetic academic programs' accreditations.
- To enhance and update Board webpage, board member orientation process and bylaws as needed.
Annual Nutrition Forum
Advisory Board Scholarship
Resource Development and Public Relations
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
Meeting Dates are Wednesdays at 4:00PM on:
January 16th, 2014
January 30th, 2014
March 20th, 2014
May 15th, 2014
If you would like to know more information on making a donation to the scholarship endowment, please call 330-972-7319 or contact:
The University of Akron
NDP Advisory Board
School of Nutrition and Dietetics
Schrank Hall South 210
Akron, Ohio 44325-6102