Michele Thornton, MSW, LSW
Title: Associate Instructor, BA/BASW Coordinator, Pending Student Advisor
Dept/Program: School of Social Work
Office: 411D, Polsky Building
- When Classroom Success Just Isn't Enough: Addressing Student Readiness for Internship Success (accepted), NACADA National Conference, October 2015.
- It’s What We Do: The Relationship and Student Success, co-presenter, UNM Mentoring Conference, October 2013.
- Empowering Persons with Disabilities: A Call to Action, co-presenter, NASW Ohio Annual Conference, accepted for November 2012.
- Roving Eyes in the Workplace…Ethical? Let’s See, co-presenter, Community Support Services, 2012.
- Ethics in the Workplace: Everyday, Everywhere, Even at the Coffee Station, co-presenter, Community Support Services, 2011.
- Transitions in a Shared Advising System: Stuck in the Middle with You, NACADA National Conference, 2010.
- Feminist Gerontology and Community Practice, NASW Ohio Annual Conference, 2004.
- Jane Addams and Functionalist Social Work Practice, NASW Ohio Region 7, 2003.
- Jane Addams and the Beginnings of Social Work, 29th Annual Richard R. Baker Philosophy Colloquium, 2002.
- M.S.W. University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. University of Dayton