Authorized Access to View Student eBill and Make Payments
You, the student, can set up an "Authorized User" who can make payments to your account.
- Log in to My Akron and go to the Finances section of the Student Center.
- Select "Authorize Parent Access."
- Set up a PIN and add your parent's e-mail address so he or she will receive notification when the bill is available.
Your parent can change his or her password or e-mail address by logging in to the system.
Authorized User Questions
- Anyone the student chooses to set-up in the Authorized User PINs section.
- The student will give the authorized user a login name and password.
- Do not let others do transactions with your login. Give them their own login and password in the Authorized User PINs section.
CASHNet is a third party that provides online payment services to the University. Through CASHNet, you can pay your bill by credit card for a fee of 2.9 percent. Electronic checks are processed at no additional cost.
- Yes, you may enroll them in the Authorized User PINs section for the payment process.
- The Authorized User can log in at anytime to pay on the account.
- The Authorized User’s financial information will be secured to his or her login.
- The Authorized User may change his or her password and email address.
If they have forgotten their password, the student will need to re-set it through My Akron. If the parent would like to make a payment prior to re-setting the password, they can make an emergency payment using the student's ID (found on the university issued ZipCard) and last name.
My Akron is normally available 24 hours a day. My Akron is rarely down more than an hour or two at a time.