Students who are currently attending the University of Akron or who will be transferring to Akron from another institution of higher learning have a variety of options if they are looking to become involved with the UAROTC.
If you have less than 2.5 years until graduation, you can take our Military Science Level 1 course with no obligation. This means you can take our MS1 course with no obligation up through the second semester of you sophomore year.
If then you desire to pursue a commission as an Army officer, you can make up the remaining coursework during your remaining two years.
If extra coursework doesn’t fit into your schedule and you would still like to earn a gold bar, you may be eligible to attend the Leader’s Training course. Details on the Leader’s Training course are below.
Current Graduate/Professional Students
You are also eligible to be a part of the Army ROTC at the University of Akron. The Program takes four years to complete traditionally. However, you are also eligible to attend the Leader’s Training Course in Fort Knox, KY provided you have at least two years left until graduation. After attending LTC you will be on track to finish up your Graduate/Professional education and upon graduation you will also commission as a United States Army Officer.
The Leader’s Training Course (LTC):
• Paid 28 Day Summer training at Fort Knox, Kentucky
• An accelerated version of the first two years of ROTC
• Develops leadership and critical thinking skills
• Immersion into the Army culture
• No obligation upon completion
• Eligible for $5000 bonus if continue with ROTC
– U.S. Citizen or Legal U.S. Resident.
– GPA of at least 2.0
– Meet military medical qualification standards
– Have no civil convictions