Buchtel College of Arts & Sciences Transient Form Worksheet 

A student can make an official request for transient credit by submitting the Transient Form Worksheet to the College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office. The request will be reviewed by the Dean and the student will be notified of the decision. 

Any Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences student who wishes to take coursework at another regionally accredited institution of higher education must receive prior approval by the academic dean if the student intends to apply this coursework toward a degree at The University of Akron. 

No more than 18 total credit hours of transient work may be approved prior to the granting of a baccalaureate degree. 

Coursework taken at another institution cannot be considered for The University of Akron’s Repeat for Change of Grade policy or Academic Reassessment policy and will not be calculated into the UA grade point average. 

For detailed information and restrictions, read Transient Work at Another University in the University of Akron Undergraduate Bulletin

Click on the link below and complete the Transient Form Worksheet. Please send the completed form to the BCAS Dean’s Office via e-mail (esb@uakron.edu or tfiocca@uakron.edu) or fax (330-972-7222) or hand deliver to CAS 431.


Transient Student Worksheet