Steps to Obtaining an Internship/Co-op
As with finding other types of employment, you will need to prepare materials, monitor available positions, and provide appropriate responses to those who contact you regarding internahips and co-operative education positions.
Start your internship search 1-2 semesters before you plan on completing an internship. Draft a resume and cover letter.
- Make an appointment with the Coordinator of Internships and bring a draft of your resume with you.
- Visit the Career Center’s website for information on conducting a successful job search, interview strategies, career fairs, networking events and job search etiquette programs.
- Investigate 2-5 employers or agencies each week (review their websites, and talk to faculty and Career-Center advisers).
- Review and edit your social networking accounts! Employers check these sites during the job search process.
- Follow up with all employers who contact you and contact employers in which you are interested.
- Send “thank you” cards to those who interview you.
email@example.com if you have questions.