CBA Academic Advising
The College of Business Administration (CBA) advising staff can help you make informed decisions that will assist you in achieving your personal, educational, and career goals. Advisors will support you through your journey by helping you with:
- Exploring majors
- Strategies for academic success
- Selecting courses and majors
- Completing your degree
- Understanding academic policies and requirements
- Evaluating transfer courses
- Planning your study abroad
- Navigating internship requirements
- Planning involvement outside the classroom
After you have received notification that you have been admitted to the CBA, you are required to complete the online Entry Presentation. Students must complete the Entry Presentation prior to registering for classes.
Meeting with an Advisor
Students can meet with an academic advisor in the CBA in a number of different ways:
- Schedule a 30-minute appointment one-on-one with an academic advisor. Students can schedule the appointment online.
- Attend Open Advising. Meet with a CBA academic advisor on a first-come first-serve basis. Dates and hours are posted on this page.
- Attend Walk-In Advising. Walk-In Advising is designed for quick 5-minute questions such as declaring a minor, completing a late graduation application or answering course prerequisite questions. Please review our walk-in hours for the current semester.
- For additional assistance, please email your academic advisor. Your CBA academic advisor contact information can be found in MyAkron Student Center.
Student can add classes through the first week of classes using MyAkron.
After the first week, students must obtain signatures from the course instructor, their advisor, and Dean until the 14th day of the semester for three-credit courses. (Deadlines for adding classes with later start dates vary each semester).
Students can drop or withdraw from courses using My Akron. The last day to withdraw from a course during the fall or spring semester is the seventh week of classes. Read additional details regarding this policy.