The College Credit Plus Program
Are you an academic high achiever?
Would you like to cut the cost and length of your college education?
The College Credit Plus Program (CCP) was created by the Ohio Legislature to allow students to enroll in a college or university to earn both college credit and credit for classes grades 7-12.
About the program
Advantages for college-level learning during 7th through 12th grade
- Strengthening the middle and high school curriculum and raising expectations for high school students.
- Reducing the total number of credits needed to be earned in college.
- Potentially reducing the time required for the baccalaureate and costs to parents, students and taxpayers.
- Enriching the undergraduate college curriculum by lessening the need to take introductory courses, consequently allowing earlier entry into advanced courses, facilitation of double majors, or permitting additional electives.
CCP pays the following for students receiving dual credit
- All tuition and fees applied to the bill at the time of registration
- Registration fees including changes in a UA course schedule if changes are due to secondary school schedule conflicts initiated by a UA administrator.
- *All required textbooks and non-consumable items. Please note: All required textbooks and non-consumable items must be returned at the end of the term.
- *Homeschooled students are responsible for purchasing textbooks.
- Payment for parking is the responsibility of the CCP student (applies to the Akron campus only.)
AdmissionsAdmissions requirements Apply for the CCP Program
For currently enrolled CCP students
Always remember to state that you are a College Credit Plus student when you speak with any UA department.
You must meet with your advisor for any schedule changes and to register for each semester: Center for Academic Advising and Student Success
- Memorize your student ID number and UANet ID to login to My Akron.
- Check your UA email account frequently. The Zip Support Center can be reached at 330-972-6888 for UANetID/password issues.
Books must be returned by the end of exam week each semester.
Information for graduating CCP students
Student enrolled in the College Credit Plus Program must reapply through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions during their senior year of high school to be considered for admission as a new freshman.
To reapply as a new freshman please submit the following credentials:
- Undergraduate Application for Admission
- Official High School Transcripts
- ACT or SAT scores (if retaken since applying for PSEOP)
You are required to pay the $45 application fee and later the $145 confirmation fee to become a freshman student.
Transfer of credits to another institution
All subsequent colleges/universities will require an official copy of your UA transcript when you apply. You may request a transcript through My Akron; select the "Request Transcripts" icon.
Failure to disclose that you have attended The University of Akron could be considered as falsification of your record, and a college/university could deny you admission.
Each college/university establishes their own policy for the transfer of credits. However, all state universities and community colleges in Ohio have established articulation agreements which assure the transfer of credits.
You can visit the Transferology website to investigate how your credits may transfer to other institutions. In addition, you should call any institutions you are considering for clarification on their transfer policies.
Coordinator of the CCP Program
Director of College Credit Plus
Associate Director, Admissions
Assistant Dean, CAST
- Center for Academic Advising and Student Success
- Office of Admissions
330-972-7100 or 1-800-655-4884
- Barnes & Noble campus bookstore
- Office of Student Financial Aid
330-972-7032 or 1-800-621-3847
- Computing Help Desk
330-972-6888 | online help
- Emergency Snowline: 330-972-SNOW (7669)