Free and confidential personal, career, and educational counseling for current students.
COMPASS Placement, CLEP, make-up exams, ADHD, credit by exam, learning disorders, and more.
Career testing and counseling
Assessments of your interests and values compared to a variety of majors and occupations, and 1:1 career counseling.
Alcohol and drug use, study skills, and emotional health.
Pre-Doctoral training programs
Training and supervision to prospective psychologists.
Community support resources
The Counseling and Testing Center follows the University schedule and will provide psychological services during the dates that The University of Akron is open. The following services are available 24/7 during the break period and throughout the year.
- Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-TALK
- Rape Crisis Hotline 330-434-7273
- Portage Path Psychiatric Emergency Services 330-762-6110
- Portage Path Psychiatric Support Hotline 330-434-9144
- www.infolineinc.org Online list of community resources