A TRADITION OF COMMUNITY
BE INSPIRED by your professors and by your high-achieving classmates inside the special intellectual community that is UA's Honors College.
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and possess broad academic interests and achievements.
Our college fosters a sense of community for self-challenged, high-achieving learners through:
- honors merit scholarships ranging from $500 for most students to $2,000 for some;
- special honors sections of many introductory classes;
- honors seminars (Colloquia) for second- through fourth-year students;
- faculty advisers in the student’s major;
- an honors residence with private bathrooms; and
- personal academic/career advisers.
NEWS ABOUT HONORS STUDENTS
Three Honors students earn prestigious Goldwater Scholarships
Melissa Boswell, Gregory Howard and Cale Crowder are Barry Goldwater Scholarships recipients this year. Fewer than 300 students nationwide received the honor.
Having traveled the world, graduate now strives to pay it forward
Aniqa Feerasta, an Honors College alumnae now working at Amazon, has lived in New Zealand, Australia and Afghanistan. She says she's always had "a curiosity about the wider world" and a desire to work and travel abroad.
Disney Imagineer says richness of time at UA made career possible
Honors College alum Mike Honeck explored a wide range of interests during his years at UA, and it launched him on his path to a Walt Disney Imagineer.