University of Akron Bands
Symphonic Band - conducted by Galen Karriker.
Concert Band - conducted by Andrew Feyes.
University Band - conducted by Galen Karriker, Laurie Lafferty, Andrew Feyes and graduate assistants.
Marching Band - conducted by Galen Karriker and Andrew Feyes.
Blue and Gold - conducted by Galen Karriker and Andrew Feyes.
Participation in band is by audition. For details, call the Band Office at 330-972-6919.
Be a part of the Homecoming Alumni Band!
Saturday, Oct. 4
For details, click here
High School Junior/Senior Day
Saturday, Oct. 11, kickoff TBA
• One hour, 15 minutes before kickoff - Meet at Coleman Common for pregame concert
• 45 minutes before kickoff - March with the Zips Band to InfoCision Stadium
• 20 minutes before kickoff - Watch "Ohio's Pride" perform pregame from the sideline
• Sit with the Zips Band durin ghte game and play!
• Halftime - Watch the halftime show from the sideline!
Click here to register or call 330-972-6919. See you there!
43rd Annual Ohio Band Directors Conference
Saturday, December 6, 2014
- OBDC Honors Band
- Gahanna Lincoln High School Gold Band
- Lake High School Symphonic Winds
- UA Symphonic, Concert & University Bands
- Guest composer Dr. Ralph Hultgren, Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University, Queensland, Australia.
- Guest conductor Loras John Schissel, conductor of the Blossom Festival Band.
Mark your calendars!
Band Clinic Concert
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
E.J. Thomas Hall
Guest clinician, Frank Tracz, Director of Bands at Kansas State University.