THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON SCHOOL OF NURSING
RN to BSN and
RN to BSN to MSN programs
► Convenient: Study online or study in class close to home via distance learning (six sites in northeastern Ohio)
► Flexible: Study full or part time. Classes meet one day per week (Tuesday)
► Fast: Complete your degree in one year (three semesters full time) or two years (six semesters part time)
► Individual attention: Low student-to-faculty ratios
► Customized: Courses designed for the adult learner. Two practicum experiences designed to meet your individual needs.
► Quality: Program fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The RN-to-BSN program offers licensed RNs the opportunity to attend classes in an online program or at one of six locations:
- Akron (Main Campus)
- Elyria (Lorain County Community College University Partnership)
- Medina (Medina County University Center)
- Lakewood (UA Lakewood)
- Kirkland (The Holden University Center at Lakeland Community College)
- Orrville (Wayne College)
Close to home or online, this program is a convenient way for nurses to obtain their degrees.
How to apply
- Contact Stephanie Mawson for further information or to begin the pre-admission process: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-440-366-7873.
- Valid state license as a registered nurse (New graduates must pass NCLEX prior to beginning Nursing of Communities course.)
- Admission to the University of Akron and School of Nursing
- Grade of a “C" of above in all prerequisite courses. Courses taken at other colleges may be used to receive credit towards prerequisite requirements.
- A minimum Grade Point Average of 2.75. Grades of transfer work are combined with those earned at The University of Akron in the computation of the admission GPA.
All RN students are admitted directly to the School of Nursing as undergraduates. School of Nursing advisors will help guide the student as to the prerequisite courses needed and a plan of study that will best meet the student's needs.
If you are interested in obtaining a quality baccalaureate degree in nursing, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Scholarships for transfer students
We offer a number of scholarship opportunities for students transferring into The University of Akron.
The college requires entering students to submit to a background check.
The RN to BSN to MSN option is designed for the experienced nurse who wishes to go on to graduate study to prepare for advanced nursing practice roles such as clinical nurse specialist, nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, or nurse administrator. In this program, students take courses that meet the requirements of the baccalaureate degree as well as graduate nursing courses. On completion of the baccalaureate course requirements, the baccalaureate degree is awarded.
Qualified students must be accepted into Graduate School. They will continue in their chosen specialty area at the master's level.