About the office
Welcome to the Office of General Counsel. The General Counsel serves as the chief legal advisor to the Board of Trustees, to the President, and to University of Akron officers and administrators. The office is responsible to the Board of Trustees and to the President for the direction and supervision of all legal matters of The University of Akron.
Ted Mallo, right, is vice president and general counsel.
How do I...?
- Request a public record?
- Determine whether I can accept a nominal gift or be someone's guest at lunch?
- Learn more about student records?
- Find information about HIPPA?
- Get a document notarized?
- Learn more about immunity of state employees?
- Determine how long I should retain documents?
- UA's Board of Trustees
- UA's Office of the President
- Ethical standards at UA
- Copyright compliance guidelines
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act provides guidelines for maintaining "customer information."
- Ohio Ethics Commission
- Contract compliance
- Campus safety: Annual Safety Statistics, also known as the Clery Report
- Student Judicial Affairs administers the Student Code of Conduct
- Student disclosure information