Working with UA and its Research Foundation
The University of Akron's research services offer support for:
- Providing access to research expertise
- Facilitating testing and research services
- Licensing UA technology
- Providing graduate student interns
- Entrepreneurs and startups:
- Conducting customer discovery and market research
- Mentorship by experienced UARF Senior Fellows
- Providing paths to funding
- Adding student interns to supplement your team
- Supporting grant applications
- Helping with technology commercialization
- Partnering to reach out to customers and learn about markets
- Patenting and licensing new technologies
- Providing internships and unique opportunities
- Forming teams to learn what its like to launch a product through I-Corps Sites
- Making investment recommendations on real companies through NEOSVF
- Supporting area businesses through internship partnerships
Our Human Powered Vehicle student design team placed second in the 2018 HPV North America East Collegiate Competition in April.
The display is intended to help astronauts better complete tasks outside of their spacecraft.
Dr. George Chase, a professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering, has a patent pending on a separation device to remove water droplets from fuel.
A segment with Dr. Hazel Barton exploring New Mexico’s Lechuguilla Cave debuts tonight, and will also be livestreamed.