Housing forms

Contract Cancellation Form
If you wish to cancel your Housing Contract, please print and return completed form to the Department of Residence Life & Housing.

Exit Questionnaire

Please take a moment to complete this Exit Questionnaire ... your feedback will be considered when making improvements in our residence life program.

Facility Reservation Form
Residence hall lounges and facilities are designed for the exclusive use of resident students.

Freshman Residential Requirement & Exemption Petition Information

First-year residence requirement and Exemption Petition Form.

Incident Report

We invite students to report conduct concerns, health and welfare concerns or incidents in which they have observed violations of Residence Life and Housing (RLH) or University policy violations. An Incident Report (IR) may be considered a formal complaint which will result in an inquiry being initiated by an RLH staff member. IRs may or may not result in the initiation of a mediation or formal student conduct procedure.

Loft or bunk your bed

Maintenance Request Form
If you have a non-emergency maintenance request, please fill out this form completely. Upon submittal, your request will be addressed in a timely manner. If this is an emergency, please contact:

  • Monday-Friday - 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., call 330-972-7845
  • "After Hours"   - 3:30 p.m. to 6:45 a.m. & "weekends" - Contact your Resident Assistant (RA)

Meningitis/Hepatitis B Disclosure Form
Meningitis/Hepatitis B Disclosure Form must be submitted with your Housing Contract. The vaccination is not required but it is recommended.

Procedure for Serving Food on Campus Form

The University requires departments and organizations to complete this form to serve or sell food on campus. Doing so helps ensure that local, state and federal health requirements are met; and that food caterers and vendors are following accepted food safety and sanitation practices. Please complete the form a minimum of two weeks prior to your event.

RHPB Tech Request Form
To request audio and lighting rental ...

Telephone Activation Form
While most students choose to bring personal cell phones to school, you MAY also choose to activate your residence hall telephone line.  There is one phone line per unit.  If you wish to activate your telephone line in your residence hall room, please be aware of the following:

  • This is an OPTIONAL service.
  • The cost to activate the phone line for nine months is $225 (cash, check or money order) made payable to The University of Akron.  Payment should be submitted to the Office of Residence Life and Housing.  This cost covers activation and monthly fees associated with local calling.  No long distance service is available.
  • You should consider discussing telephone activation with your roommates to determine if the cost can be split among the roommates.  Whoever initiates the activation will be responsible for making the full payment.
  • The completed form and full payment must be received before activation occurs. 

Washer/Dryer Repair Request Form
To report an issue with laundry equipment ...