Housing Contract

New students

On-campus housing information is included in your E-Enrollment Packet.

After you've paid the confirmation fee, you can log in to My Akron to submit your housing application. The priority deadline for fall semester housing is May 15. Building assignments will be mailed in early July, and room assignment and roommate information will be mailed in early August.

What you need to sign up

  • Prepayment of $150. You can pay by credit card or bank account transfer.
  • Meningitis/Hepatitis B vaccination records. While you are not required, the University encourages students to be vaccinated against these diseases.
  • UANet ID (eg: zippy123) of preferred roommates (if applicable)

Things to know before you sign up

  • Which building you want to live in (All students - new and returning - can live in any residence hall)
  • Which meal plan you want
  • If you know who you want your roommate to be, put their UANet ID on your housing application and be sure they put your UANet ID on their housing application.
  • If you don't know your roommate, based on your answers in the housing application, we'll match you with someone you're likely to get along with.

Current residents

Just sign in to My Akron to renew your housing contract. It's that easy!


Who is required to live on campus?

First-year freshmen who are not residents of Summit, Stark, Medina, Wayne or Portage counties are required to live on campus as long as space is available. For exemptions, see First-Year Residency Requirement.

Where can new freshmen live?

First-year freshmen and current students can both live in any residence hall.

Where can returning residents (current students) live?

First-year freshmen and current students can both live in any residence hall.

I applied for admission. Do I also have to apply for housing?

Yes, admission to UA does not include application for University housing. To reserve your residence hall room, sign in to My Akron and sign the housing contract.

How much does it cost to live on campus?

That depends on the residence hall you choose. See a list of residence hall rates.

I can't find the housing contract in My Akron. Where is it?

You will see the link to the housing contract after you've submitted your Intent to Enroll form and confirmation fee. If you've submitted the Intent to Enroll form and paid the confirmation fee and you're still not able to log in to My Akron, contact the Help Desk at 330-972-6888.

If I change my mind, how can I terminate my housing contract?

You have until May 15 to cancel your housing contract. Learn more about terminating your contract.

Do you have a waitlist?

Yes. As you are aware, our department has a First Year Housing Guarantee date of May 15, 2014. All Contracts received on or before May 15 are guaranteed an assignment on campus. At this time, we are now assigning students who submitted their Contract after June 25. We will continue making assignments over the next several weeks. For those applying after June 25, they will be notified when in writing -- these assignments will be made based on the date of Contract completion date. Those submitting after June 26 will receive their information later than others.

The department is working diligently to make an assignment for you as quickly as possible. When an assignment becomes available, the office will email you.

Learn more in this document.

What am I agreeing to by signing this contract?

When accepted by the Department of Residence Life and Housing, the Housing Accommodations Contract is a binding agreement between the student and The University of Akron. (In the case of a minor student, the agreement is between his/her parents or guardian and the University.) This agreement provides for room according to the terms and conditions outlined on the contract. Be sure to read the contract and the following information carefully. Students should also complete a Meal Plan Contract.

Will the price of my residence hall change?

The residence hall rates and meal plan rates are generally established each spring for the following academic year and represent the minimum amount of money needed to operate the residence halls and Dining Services. As a result, if you have signed a contract for any period, you will be held responsible for that period of the contract. The University will not release you from any of the contract conditions except as provided for in the University refund/release policy statement.