Welcome from College of Business Administration Dean Krovi
Welcome to the College of Business Administration's (CBA) Web site. If you are a prospective student, you've come to the right place, because a degree in business is an exciting choice!
The list of opportunities for business students is never-ending. All the products and services people and companies purchase - from life-saving medical equipment, to solar panels, to electronics that connect us in a fast-paced world are produced by businesses. For-profits, non-profits, and governmental agencies all must regularly improve and innovate products, market services, and manage costs. Truly, any organization would benefit from having a CBA graduate with the skills and experiences we impart. We help students get ready to make a difference.
Our people - faculty, staff, alumni, business partners, friends and our opportunities set us apart:
- Expert faculty prepare students to become responsible professionals and leaders in a global workforce. While our faculty produce important research, their main focus is on student instruction and engagement.
- Close ties to the regional business community. Faculty and staff regularly interact with hundreds of businesses through Advisory Boards and other avenues. These relationships enable us to learn about what is happening in industries today and what is on the horizon, so we can create dynamic undergraduate and graduate curricula to address the needs of businesses for today and tomorrow. This close interaction also helps organizations understand the value of our students' education and experiences.
- Strong internship and co-operative (co-op) educational programs. Internships and co-ops help students obtain meaningful, real-world experiences that really matter when starting careers.
- Student-run, business-focused organizations. We encourage students to participate in organizations so they can test leadership skills, learn more about business disciplines, and build personal networks.
- Innovative centers, institutes, and laboratories. We have centers, institutes, and laboratories in leadership, direct interactive marketing, entrepreneurship, supply chain/operations, sales, global business, and more. These innovative groups offer projects, programs, and events with professionals.
- Successful alumni. We take pride in our graduates' accomplishments. We have more than 435 alumni with executive officer titles like CEO or President, and thousands of whom are in key leadership positions in major organizations.
Others have noticed our good work, too. The CBA and its undergraduate and graduate programs have been ranked nationally by BusinessWeek, the Princeton Review, U.S. News World Report, the Public Accounting Report, and others. In addition, the CBA and separately, the George W. Daverio School of Accountancy have again received the highest level of accreditation by the selective Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, a distinction held by less than five percent of all business schools.
This is truly an exciting time at the CBA.
Come join us!
Ravi Krovi, Ph.D
Dean, College of Business Administration
Professor of Management and Information Systems