The George W. Daverio School of Accountancy would like to invite you and your faculty to its Symposium on Financial Reporting, Security & Assurance. Please join us by following the registration instructions below. Seats are limited so it is important that you register early if you plan to attend. Also, if you are not sure that you will be able to attend, try not to register since we have had to turn away individuals in the past.
Please join The University of Akron’s George W. Daverio School of Accountancy, KPMG LLP and The J.M. Smucker Company for a discussion on emerging issues in financial reporting, security and assurance.
- CFO Roundtable: Current Issues and Challenges Facing CFO’s Today
- Update on International Auditing & Assurance Standards
- Business Intelligence
- Hot Topics in Accounting
- SEC and Regulatory Update
- M&A – Integration
- Mark Belgya, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer – The J.M. Smucker Company
- Phil Fracassa, Senior Vice President – Planning and Development (CFO of The Timken Company upon split from TimkenSteel)
- Sean Hennessy,
Chief Financial Officer – Sherwin-Williams
- Laura Thompson, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Arnold Schidler, Board Chair, IAASB
By the end of the Symposium, participants should be able to understand current accounting, SEC and audit issues facing the profession today, use business intelligence within their company, and understand common issues encountered during M&A transactions.
Friday, March 28, 2014
InfoCision Stadium at The University of Akron
8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
You may qualify for up to eight CPE credits for this seminar. This is a live, intermediate-level program and no advanced preparation or prerequisites are required.
This session benefits professionals in Audit, Finance, Treasury, Financial Reporting and Technology.
Click on link to register for the seminar. Registration is free.
For any questions, please contact Shelly Stata at 216-875-8064. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued.