Things to do in and around Akron
Here's a taste of what you can discover in Akron and the region:
- The critically acclaimed Akron Symphony Orchestra performs in UA's E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall.
- Nearby museums include the Akron Art Museum, the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland.
- Canal Park is home to the Akron Aeros, a minor league baseball team.
- The Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, and Cleveland Cavaliers bring professional sports to the region.
- Nationally-known annual events include All-American Soap Box Derby and the National Hamburger Festival, both of which draw thousands to our city.
- Lock 3 Live is an outdoor venue tucked among the restaurants and attractions downtown. There's something going on every summer weekend!
- Scenic acres by the thousands can be found in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the 13 Summit County Metro Parks.
A bicyclist crosses a ford in Sand Run Metro Park, which is about 5 miles from campus. The University is 10 miles away from the expansive Cuyahoga Valley National Park.