Checklist for Incoming Graduate Students
- Meet with your Graduate Adviser/Academic Department
- UANet ID (university e-mail address allows you to register on the web) and password may be obtained in-person at the Bierce Library, Room 52C. You may also contact the Help Desk at 330-972-6888
- Register for classes and pay bill. You may check your invoice through My Akron. There you can also find information on fee deadlines. A table of costs per credit hour for graduate coursework is available here.
- Zip Card (student identification card) can be obtained in the Student Union.
Note: You MUST be registered for classes before you can obtain your Zip Card
- Parking permit can be obtained in the Office of Parking Services
- Buy books at either the Barnes & Noble Bookstore in the Polsky Building on the 3rd floor or at the Student Union
- International Students must visit the Office of International Programs (OIP) and provide passport & immigration information. The OIP is located on the 4th floor of the Polsky Building Room 483.
NOTE: All changes to new student’s initial schedule must be approved by an advisor.
Types of registration
(You MUST be registered by the 14th day of classes)
- In person at Hezzleton E. Simmons Hall
- Internet Registration at www.uakron.edu (click on My Akron)
- You will need both your UANet ID and password to register.
- If you obtained your undergraduate degree at The University of Akron, and plan to register on-line, you will need to change your career from undergraduate to graduate. (see instructions below)
Important Phone Numbers