Master of Science in Computer Science
All applicants for admission to the graduate program in computer science must meet the university requirements for graduate admission as published in the Graduate Bulletin of The University of Akron. In addition to these requirements, the applicant must also:
- submit three letters of recommendation from individuals capable of evaluating the applicant's potential for success in this program,
- submit a statement of purpose,
- submit a resume,
- have earned a baccalaureate degree in computer science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 2.75 or higher in computer science and related courses,
- demonstrate knowledge of at least one high-level programming language; and,
- demonstrate proficiency in data structures, computer organization, and operating systems.
The application deadlines are March 1 for Fall enrollment and October 1 for Spring enrollment.
English language proficiency requirements for students whose native language is not English. This also includes info on scores required to secure an assisantship.