FINANCIAL AID FOR ARTS ADMINISTRATION
Each year approximately ten graduate students in Arts Administration are awarded Graduate Assistantships. Assistantships pay tuition of up to 15 hours per semester, and a cash stipend of $6,800.
Graduate Assistants are required to work 20 hours a week on campus. These work assignments provide practical experience in the management of professional and student organizations, most often in the following Schools:
- School of Dance, Theatre, and Arts Administration
- Myers School of Art
- School of Music
Graduate assistants gain professional work experience in a variety of roles such as:
- Dance and Theatre Administration / Music Event Administration
- Arts Office Management / Art Gallery Curation and Art Library Administration
- Teaching Assistants / Production Assistants / Box Office Management
- Social Media and Website Management / Video and Graphic Design
Graduate Assistants must maintain a course load of no fewer than nine hours during a semester, and must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0). Students meeting these requirements may apply for aid a second year.
Learn about our current graduate assistants and their work
Apply for an Assistantship
Two easy steps:
- On your UA Graduate School application, select you are interested in an assistantship;
- Download, complete, and submit the Assistantship Application form provided at The Graduate School - Prospective Students.
Be sure to follow the instructions on the form.
Assistantship Applications must be completed by March 15.
Additional Sources of Financial Aid
Options for financial aid beyond an assistantship can be explored through the Office of Student Financial Aid.