Are you a current student who is looking for a part-time position or volunteer experience in an education-related field? Are you an alumnus who is searching for a full-time position in teaching, administration, or related field?
We want to help you in your quest! Check out the following resources and postings.
Akron Digital Academy
The Akron Digital Academy is seeking a new Director of Teaching and Learning. This is a full-time, 236-day, salary position with benefits. Start date is July 1, 2015. Interested applicants should apply via email to:
Job description located here: https://goo.gl/lpyG7P
Position due by June 24th, 2015
Cleveland Metropolitan School District
CMSD is currently hiring in the following areas:
- Foreign Language
- Library Science
- Physical Education
We believe that CMSD can provide your graduates professional growth and fulfilling experiences in our transformative school district. Among the reasons to join a city and a district on the rise, our teacher candidates can expect competitive advantages, such as:
- Performance based compensation system. We pay teachers like the professionals they are, with starting salaries at $42,215. And our administrators are dedicated to developing and coaching them to move up the pay scale.
- Making history at CMSD. Our reform strategy, The Cleveland Plan, is the most unique and ambitious in the country. CMSD teachers can make history in ending education inequity.
- Becoming a leader in this crucial civil rights movement. At CMSD teachers will work with and lead a team of dedicated professionals passionate about providing an excellent education for every scholar in Cleveland.
We are seeking teachers from The University of Akron with backgrounds in any of the fields above to apply for our upcoming June 15, 2015 deadline. Please encourage students to learn more about our current openings and apply at www.TeachCleveland.org!
The UA Career Center offers dozens of helpful resources, including:
- Current students and Alumni can search the Career Link jobs database, which lists hundreds of off-campus jobs and internships. Post your resume, showcase your skills, and find your next job!
- Focus2 is a free, online tool that pairs your interests with possible careers
Substitute Teaching in Ohio - What is required and where to apply