Zips for Hire for students and alumni jobs page

Are you a current student who is looking for a part-time position or volunteer experience in an education-related field?  Are you an alumnus who is searching for a full-time position in teaching, administration, or related field?  

We want to help you in your quest!  Check out the following resources and postings.

Job Openings

Akron Rotary Camp for Children with Special Needs is seeking summer camp counselors.  College of Education students in all programs are invited to apply.  Contact J.D. Detsch at or call the Camp at 330.644-4512.  Download the flyer | Visit the website

Camp BEARable is looking for volunteers to work with children who have experienced grief as a result of the death of someone they loved.  The Camp is conducted at the Spiritual Center of Maria Stein by State of the Heart Hospitce.  The camp is open to any child ages 6 to 15 years.  If you are interested in volunteering this summer, contact the Bereavement Team at or 800-417-7535.  |  Download the flyer


The UA Career Center offers dozens of helpful resources, including:

  • Current students and Alumni can search the Career Link jobs database, which lists hundreds of off-campus jobs and internships.  Post your resume, showcase your skills, and find your next job!
  • Focus2 is a free, online tool that pairs your interests with possible careers

Substitute Teaching in Ohio - What is required and where to apply