UA services available over the holidays
This page describes the University services that will be available:
- while the University is closed Thursday, Dec. 24, 2015 through Sunday, Jan. 3, 2016,
- when UA reopens Monday, Jan. 4, 2016 until spring semester 2016 classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 19.
|Dec. 24 - Jan. 3||Most University offices closed except for facilities and personnel required to conduct previously scheduled events and maintain essential physical infrastructure and safety.|
|Jan. 18||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day observance – University closed|
|Jan. 19||First day of spring semester | Spring tuition is due - learn more|
|Jan. 25||Last day to add regular session classes for spring semester without signatures (in person and online)|
|Feb. 2||Last day to drop Spring Semester 2016 classes without "WD" appearing on transcript|
The Office of the University Registrar will be closed Dec. 24 to Jan. 3. All My Akron functions — including registration, viewing of grades and accessing financial information — will be available online during that period.
- The deadline for submitting all grades is 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, December 22. Grade rosters will not be available after this deadline.
- End-of-term processing will not be completed until Wednesday, Dec. 23. As a result, students' online GPAs for fall may change due to repeated courses.
- Transcripts requiring fall 2015 grades will be processed beginning Monday, Jan. 4.
Students: If you worked during pay period Nov. 30 through Dec. 11, you may want to provide a second, self-addressed, stamped envelope for the Dec. 18 paycheck. If you have direct deposit, you can view your deposit in My Akron.
For students who registered for spring classes, the tuition-payment deadline is Jan. 19. Additional information is here.
Students should refer to My Akron, Student Center, “Finances”; from here you can view your account, make a payment or sign up for the payment plan. Registration after Jan. 19 is due same day of registration. Students may be subject to late-payment fees and the prospect of being dropped from their classes if payment is not paid by their due date.
Students are encouraged to plan ahead and not wait until the last day to complete financial aid paperwork or to make required payments or payment arrangements. The financial aid disbursement date is scheduled for Jan. 9. Refunds will be processed 3-5 business days after the disbursement date.
All residence halls will close on Sunday, Dec. 20, 2015 at 5 p.m., for winter break. See additional details for registration and fees.
The full fall schedule will run until Saturday, Dec. 19, 2015.
Sunday, Dec. 20: Rob’s Holiday Route only from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
There will be no Roo Express services from Dec. 21 through Jan. 15.
- Saturday, Jan. 16 through Monday, Jan. 18 - Rob’s Holiday Route will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and the Downtown Route from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 - All routes will resume the Fall/Spring schedules beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Rob’s Holiday Route: Wait time approximately 12 minutes
- Quaker Square on Mill Street
- Main & Exchange
- Broadway and Exchange
- Spicer Hall
- Fir Hill
- Rob’s Café
Bierce Library, the Science and Technology Library (Auburn Science and Engineering Center), and Archival Services (Polsky Building) will be closed from Dec. 24 through Jan. 3, the period when the University is closed.
The IT Help Desk will be closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 3. If you have access to the internet, you may visit our self-service site, support.uakron.edu where there are many solutions to common problems. You may also submit an online request. After submitting your request, you may log into FootPrints with your UAnet ID and password to check the status of inquiry. We will monitor the requests that are submitted to FootPrints.
If you do not have access to the Internet, you may leave a voice message at 330-972-6888. Employees from the support center will monitor this voice mailbox periodically during the week.
Computer Repair Services will be closed Dec. 24 through Jan. 3. If you have a computer being serviced by Computer Repair Services and it is ready for pick up, please pick it up by Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 3 p.m. Otherwise, you will not be able to pick it up until after Jan. 4.
If you have questions, contact Computer Repair Services at ext. 330-972-7626 or email@example.com.
Central Stores/Shipping and Receiving will be closed for the holiday break from Dec. 24 through Jan. 3. Any incoming items during this time should either be re-routed accordingly or picked-up at their FedEx/UPS locations.
All events are at home. See the composite schedule for details.
- Monday, Dec. 21: Women's basketball vs Youngstown State, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 30: Men's basketball vs South Carolina State, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 2: Women's basketball vs Northern Illinois, 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 2: Men's basketball vs Lipscomb, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 8: Men's basketball vs Western Michigan, TBA
- Saturday, Jan. 9: Women's basketball vs Central Michigan, 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 16: Women's swimming and diving vs Youngstown State, 1 p.m.