Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services (ITS) is a catalyst for innovations and initiatives that make the University one of the top technology schools in Ohio and the nation.
Through the implementation of revolutionary and evolutionary technologies, we have helped the University radically transform the face of higher education. From distance learning to wireless computers, from enterprise software to technology partnerships, we have reshaped the information landscape.
Whether you are a student, a member of our faculty or staff, the ITS division is where you will find the tools necessary to help you in all your endeavors here at The University of Akron.
IT services include:
- My Akron
- The Computer Store: online
- Web Design & Support
- Network access -- landlines and wireless
- Instructional Services
- Computer Based Assessment & Evaluation for online tests, surveys and evaluations
- Design & Development technology-based instructional materials
- Computer lab support for general purpose labs
- Computer Repair Services
- Project Management
- Phone support and Zip-TV, ZipFlicks and Residence Life Cinema Channel
- Internet and Server Systems Services
- Audio Visual Services
- Distance Learning
- Enterprise Applications Services
- Hardware & Operating Systems Services
- Computer security and passwords
- Email services
- Software Training and online documentation
- Support Desk
- Support Wiki
For assistance with any technology issues, contact the Support Desk at 330-972-6888 or email@example.com.