Do something fun!
- Cinema schedule
Now streaming on UARH only in residence halls. Visit http://192.168.32.40. Using the Ethernet plug in the wall is recommended for the best experience.
- Movies in the Student Union
- Get involved in residence life through Residence Hall Program Board and Residence Hall Council
- Join a student organization
Reserve your spot in the residence halls for next year.
Renew your contract.
Thanksgiving Break is quickly approaching and Residence Life and Housing wants to provide some information that may be helpful as you make your long weekend plans. Resident Assistants will be conducting Floor Meetings for Thanksgiving Break between November 10-21st and will review the information below. Residents should note floor meeting dates/times on their respective floors.
- Residence Halls will remain OPEN during Thanksgiving Break (registration is NOT required).
- Housing staff will perform routine Health & Safety inspections of all residence hall rooms on Wednesday, Nov. 26 beginning at 5 p.m.
- RAs will be on duty in all residence halls from 9 p.m. - 1 a.m. Wed. (Nov. 26) through Sat. (Nov. 29). Check service desks for emergency contact information.
- Quaker Square, Spicer, Exchange Street and Bulger Hall service desks will be open and can provide assistance as needed.
- Rob’s Café will be open Wed. (Nov. 26) until 6:30pm. For break housing students with a meal plan, Dining Services is offering the option to sign up for MEAL SERVICE throughout the Thanksgiving Break. The following meals will be available:
- Thurs. (Nov. 27): Breakfast, Thanksgiving Dinner
- Fri. (Nov. 28): Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Sat. (Nov. 29): Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Sun. (Nov. 30): Breakfast***
- Only sign up for the meals you plan to eat! The swipe/meal equivalency will be deducted from your Nov. 23 meal/dining dollar zip card deposit. Type of meal served and the location of the meal will be determined based on the number of students who RSVP for each meal and will be communicated to those students who sign up.
- Sign up for your meal reservation no later than Nov. 14 at Thanksgiving Meal Reservation Form
*** Please note that several dining service operations open on Sunday, Nov. 30 as late afternoon meal options starting at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Please check out the Electronic Bulletin Boards (EBBs) for more information.
- The ROO SHUTTLE will be operational on a limited basis. The following routes will be available during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Wed. (Nov. 26) – All routes will run normally until 6:30pm. There will not be bus service after 6:30pm.
- Thurs. (Nov. 27) – No Roo Express service.
- Fri. (Nov. 28) – Rob’s Holiday Route** Only from 10:00am-6:00pm.
- Sat. (Nov. 29) – Rob’s Holiday Route** only from 10:00am-6:00pm.
- Sun. (Nov. 30) – Rob’s Holiday Route** from 10:00am-6:00pm and Dave's Supermarket Route.
- If not using the Roo Shuttle be sure to use the buddy system…it’s just safer that way!
**Rob’s Holiday Route (approx. 12 min) stops at: Quaker Square, Main St./State Rd, Main St. & Exchange St., 22 Exchange, 401 Loft, The Depot, The Creamery (Exchange St. Res Hall), The Edge, Spicer Res Hall, Fir Hill Apts. and Rob’s Café.
- Stay fit during the break and visit the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC).
- Wed. (Nov. 26) 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thurs. (Nov. 27) CLOSED
- Fri. (Nov. 28) CLOSED
- Sat. (Nov. 29) 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sun. (Nov. 30) Noon – 11 p.m.
- See what’s happening in DOWNTOWN AKRON by visiting our friends at the DOWNTOWN AKRON PARTNERSHIP (DAP).
Residence Halls will close for Winter Break on Sunday, Dec. 14 at 5 p.m. Swipe access to halls will be temporarily suspended until spring semester.
Residence Halls will reopen at noon on Friday, Jan. 9. Should residents need extended stay in the residence halls beyond December 14, students can submit winter break stay requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All residents will be asked to complete a check out form of their residence hall room for the fall semester noting they have left for winter break. Students are not expected to move belongings out of their room. However, students should make sure to take any medications, clothing, electronics, and necessities needed during the winter break.
Resident Assistants will be conducting Floor Meetings between Dec. 1 – 5, to discuss final reminders and preparation for break. Residents can find floor meeting dates/times on their respective floors.
The University will be closed from Wednesday, Dec. 24 at 5 p.m. through Monday, Jan. 5 at 8 a.m. There will limited residence hall staff available during this time.
CURRENT RESIDENT FAQs
Find out how to get mail here.
We provide recycling containers in your room. Get more details.
Yes, your friends can stay in the residence halls, but you are fully responsible for the behavior of your guests. Any violation of the residence hall guest policy will result in disciplinary action. Residence hall staff reserves the right to require guests to vacate the residence hall if the behavior of guests or hosts is disruptive. As visitation to the halls is considered a privilege rather than a right, the Department of Residence Life and Housing reserves the right to restrict visitation privileges to serve the best interests of the residential and University communities.
There are many places to park. Check out Parking and Transportation Services for more information.
Submit a maintenance request to have your bed bunked or lofted.
You and your roommates! Vacuums are available at each service desk. Each building has a custodial crew that cleans common areas such as lounges, hallways and community bathrooms, and does trash removal and major clean-ups.
Wall decorations may not be hung with any fasteners that make holes in the walls, ceiling or woodwork. A form of "poster putty" or 3M removable hooks may be used to secure decorations to walls, but must be removed before the room is vacated. The use of any "tape products" is prohibited on any painted or wood finished surfaces. The cost of repairing holes or removing adhesives by the University staff will be charged to the student(s) responsible.
UA's Department of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS), following the Ohio
Fire Code, has specific guidelines for use of holiday decorations in residence halls. Please check out our Holiday Decorations Guidelines.
Stereo, television, radio, computer, audio equipment and clocks are permitted. Refrigerators are permitted (3.0 cu. Ft. or less). Small cavity microwave; coffeemaker (no percolators).
Our campus is wifi-enabled, so you can connect to the internet wherever you are. We know that sometimes you wish it were faster. We hear you and we're constantly working to improve the internet speed.
No pets. You can bring fish if their tank is less than 20 gallons.
The final move-out day is the last day of exam week.
Visit Dining Services to change your meal plan.