SEAC Goals and Mission Statement
The Staff Employee Advisory Committee (S.E.A.C.) is a group of elected and appointed staff employees at The University of Akron. The following Mission and Goals Statement are adapted from a statement prepared from the Staff Employee Advisory Committee.
“This committee formed as a body to represent non-bargaining unit staff through constituents’ election and presidential appointment shall:
- Provide a direct line of communication between the staff and the administration.
- Create a forum for any and all issues of concern.
- Improve the environment and attitude toward University staff.
- Promote and develop staff employee relations toward excellence in accordance with administrative directives.
- Address staff employee concerns in a fair and impartial manner
Concerns on issues covered by Civil Service laws and collective bargaining cannot be addressed by this committee.”
Please see also the University Rule: 3359-26-07