School Counseling Program Documents
School Counseling students should keep these documents handy:
- School Counseling Handbook
- Internship Site Supervisor Handbook
- Sample Program Course Distribution
- Chi Sigma Iota - Alpha Upsilon Chapter
- Internship Handbook
Students can enhance their educational program by being involved in one or more of the following professional counseling organizations.
- American School Counseling Association
- Ohio School Counselor Association
- U.S. Department of Education
- The Ohio Department of Education
- The Education Trust
- No Child Left Behind
- The National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc.
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
Information about Licensure
- Rules for School Counseling Licensure
- Current school counseling students and graduates interested in seeking an additional Licensed Professional Counseling (LPC) credential should carefully read eligibility, application details and course requirements in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling student handbook found at http://www.uakron.edu/soc/
masters/cmhc/current-students. dot. Specific requirements are mandated and must be adhered to, including specific timeline limits.