- Students are encouraged to register with the Office of Accessibility 3 months prior to enrollment at The University of Akron.
- Students are encouraged to contact the Office of Admissions to apply for admission to the university prior to registering for services at the Office of Accessibility.
- Submit allof the following information to the Office of Accessibility
- A completed Preliminary Intake History Form
- Current, disability-related documentation of your disability(ies) completed by a qualified professional
- Specific guidelines are located here or in Simmons Hall 105.
- The Office of Accessibility will not accept disability-related documentation from treatment professionals who are related, in any way, to the student requesting services.
- Once all documentation materials have been received and reviewed, you will receive a letter indicating your next step. Usually, the next step is to schedule an intake appointment.
- The intake appointment is designed to discuss:
- Services a student is eligible to receive based upon the documentation submitted
- Disability-related needs
- Preparations for attending college
- Introduction to the online accommodation request system
- Students are welcome to bring a support person (parent, guardian, spouse, case manager) to the intake appointment, which will be scheduled with a professional staff member of the Office of Accessibility.
Mail to address below or fax to (330)972-5422
Office of Accessibility
The University of Akron
Akron, Ohio 44325-6213