Graphic Design Fundamentals
Graphic Design is the largest program within the Myers School of Art. It is a professional program for students pursuing careers in the expanding multidisciplinary field of visual communication design. Critical thinking and logical problem solving in print, web and interactive media are emphasized.
The curriculum teaches communication theories, principles and processes using current industry standard technology. Students gain an understanding that design is an investment in innovative thinking, positioning, branding and communication that creates value for businesses. We encourage our students to become engaged, socially responsible, and thoughtful designers.
All students participate in opportunities to learn beyond the classroom which helps to maintain an 80% job placement rate, three months after graduation.
Graphic Design Faculty
Title: Special Lecturer
Along with the Akron Advantage, students are presented with a broad range of facilities and opportunities while pursuing their BFA in Graphic Design such as:
- Gain real-world skills through design x 9, the in-house student design studio serving on and off campus clients.
- Strengthen design and business skills through professional internship in a studio, agency or corporate environment.
- Engage with local design professionals while participating in an active Advertising Federation of Akron.
- Portfolio review by area Art Directors through American Institute of Graphic Artist.
- Students in our programs have won over 100 design awards in competitions and have been published in major design journals.