MRC Account Request and Training
Individuals needing access to MRC instrumentation must complete the following steps to obtain a user account.
1) Attend Training Session
- NMR training sessions are held each Thursday & Friday from 8:00AM to 9:30AM. Please sign up on the Google Calendar by clicking one of the "NMR Training" buttons that can be found in the Thursday/Friday 8:00AM to 9:30AM cells.
- After the initial training session, users should practice with co-workers or at another training session until they are confident they can operate the instrument on their own.
- Training for EPR is by appointment only.
2) Create a MRC Scheduling Account
- Visit the MRC Instrument Scheduling page and create a scheduling account on the Walkup Calendar,using your UAnet ID and your OWN UAnet password (This Password is only for the Web Calendar, NOT for instrument Login). USERS MUST LIST THEIR PHONE CONTACT when registering for access to the scheduling calendar.
- Follow the First-Time Calendar user instructions.
- Make sure to complete this step before turning in the account request form in Step 3.
3) Complete the appropriate User Account Request Form:
University of Akron Personnel
Non-University of Akron Personnel
- Make sure you completely fill the form out online before printing.
- Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- DO NOT mark anything below the Administration USE Only line.
- EMPL. ID - This is your Employee or Student ID # found on the back of your Zipcard
- UANet ID - This is your University email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Submit completed & signed form to Dr. Venkat Dudipala. At this point, users should schedule appointment with Dr. Venkat Dudipala, to get cleared for individual usage.
- Users will then receive account login ID and Password via email to their University of Akron e-mail account.
- Initial access is granted to the Mercury 300's in KNCL & GDYR.
4) Advanced NMR Training on high-field instruments
- Users requiring advanced training for Solution-State NMR should contact Dr. Venkat Dudipala KNCL 132c.
- Users requiring advanced NMR training in Solid-State NMR should contact Dr. Mingming Guo GDYR 118.