MRC Account Request and Training
Individuals needing access to MRC instrumentation must complete the following steps to obtain a user account.
1) Attend Training Session
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a training slot. Times for training are from 8:30AM to 10:00AM and they take about 30 minutes.
- After the initial training session, users should practice with co-workers or at another training session until they are confident they can operate the instrument on their own.
2) Create a MRC Scheduling Account
- Visit the MRC Instrument Scheduling page and create a scheduling account on the Walkup Calendar,using your UAnet ID and your OWN UAnet password (This Password is only for the Web Calendar, NOT for instrument Login). USERS MUST LIST THEIR PHONE CONTACT when registering for access to the scheduling calendar.
- Follow the First-Time Calendar user instructions.
- Make sure to complete this step before turning in the account request form in Step 3.
3) Complete the appropriate User Account Request Form:
- Make sure you completely fill the form out online before printing.
- Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- DO NOT mark anything below the Administration USE Only line.
- EMPL. ID - This is your Employee or Student ID # found on the back of your Zipcard
- UANet ID - This is your University email ID (email@example.com)
- Submit completed & signed form to Dr. Venkat Dudipala. At this point, users should schedule appointment with Dr. Venkat Dudipala, to get cleared for individual usage.
- Users will then receive account login ID and Password via email to their University of Akron e-mail account.
- Initial access is granted to the Mercury 300's in KNCL & GDYR.
4) Advanced NMR Training on high-field instruments
- Users requiring advanced training for Solution-State NMR should contact Dr. Venkat Dudipala KNCL 132c.