Quality programs offered through alternative methods
The College of Education is proud to offer YOU a variety of programs via alternative methods (e.g., fully online, distance learning classrooms, and through blended formats) to better meet your needs! Courses are offered at various locations utilizing distance learning.
- Instructional Technology Master’s – fully online
- e-Learning Certificate – fully online
- K-12 Computer/Technology Facilitation Endorsement – fully online
- Assessment and Evaluation Master’s – fully online
- Reading Endorsement – can be completed in three semesters
- 4/5 Endorsement – can be completed in one semester
- Principalship Master’s and License - hybrid delivery
For more information, contact us at (330) 972-7750 or email@example.com
Instructional Technology program ranked among the best
The University of Akron's online Master in Educational Foundations emphasizing Instructional Technology degree has been ranked among the best in an article entitled "The 25 Best Online Master in Educational Technology Degree Programs" by TheBestSchools.org.
Why is our program distinctive in Ohio?
- It is very focused on real-world problem solving directly related to the job market.
- Our students are exceptionally successful in securing jobs in their fields or advancing in their current positions.
- It is based on national standards and is standards/competency based.
- Students’ work is problem-based and teamwork is essential to success, just as it is in the real world.
- This year, 100% of the students who took the Ohio Assessment for Teachers (a new required assessment at the state level) passed and obtained an endorsement on their teaching certificate.
- The program is fully online and students use a variety of web 2.0 tools for collaborative learning, including our university LMS.
Learn more about our Master's in Instructional Technology program
Preadmission Advising for those entering the College of Education is available in Central Hower 303. Hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 8:30 am - 4:00 pm by appointment only
- Tuesday, Thursday - 8:30 am - 4:00 pm walk-in advising
The Office of Student Services may be contacted at (330) 972-7750 or firstname.lastname@example.org | More information
Catch up on other COE news