- Tests to identify type and degree of hearing loss.
- Tests to evaluate receptive communication abilities (speech understanding in quiet and in difficult listening conditions).
- Tests to evaluate auditory processing abilities (how the central nervous system (CNS) uses auditory information).
- Tests to evaluate tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and hyperacusis (sensitivity to loud sounds including types and degree of annoyance).
- Audiologic treatment recommendations (hearing aids, tinnitus aids, assistive listening devices and systems, computerized and non-computerized auditory training programs; tinnitus/hyperacusis desensitization programs)
- Referral recommendations (medical specialists; non-medical specialists; special educators).
Call The University of Akron Audiology and Speech Center for an appointment at 330-972-6035.