Adult students: Your degree your way
We are making it easier for you to earn a degree or a certificate in high demand fields by providing more evening, weekend and online programs that fit your schedule. Learn more.
We're here to help
- The Office of Transfer and Adult Student Enrollment can answer questions about enrollment, choosing courses, credit transfer and more: 330-972-7009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult Focus provides preadmission advising and academic support services for adult and veteran students.
- UA Solutions offers noncredit continuing education courses, professional development and certification programs.
Apply to UA
Take classes online or in-person
Finance your education
- General scholarships and financial aid | Scholarships for adult students only
- Student Employment
- College Now Greater Cleveland
Resources for adult students
- Adult Focus: This department provides preadmission advising and academic support services for adult and veteran students. Feel free to contact them today!
- UA Solutions (formerly Workforce Development and Continuing Education)
- Military Services Center
- Office of Accessibility
- Answers to questions adults often ask
- Sixty-plus (60+) program
Semester start dates
Summer semester 2016: Monday, June 13
Fall semester 2016: Monday, Aug. 29
Spring semester 2017: Tuesday, Jan. 17
DEGREE IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Types of Degrees and Training
Workshops, seminars or courses that improve skills for professional development but do not lead to academic degrees. Learn more.
Documents granted by colleges and adult career centers after completion of study for specific occupations. Certificates usually require a full-time six month to one year program of required courses or its part-time equivalent. List of certificates we offer.
Degrees granted by colleges after students complete required courses. Associate degrees are offered by the College of Applied Science and Technology.
Degrees granted by universities or colleges after students have satisfactorily completed required courses, taking at least four years of full-time enrollment or its part-time equivalent. Bachelor's degrees offered at UA.
Master's or doctorate degrees earned after bachelor's degree, taking at least two years for full-time students to complete. Advanced degrees offered at UA.