On-Campus Student Employment
Student Employment jobs are located on campus within UA Offices and Departments. This includes federal work study positions.
- Provide opportunities to gain skills and make valuable connections
- Allow students to gain experiential learning opportunities for resumes
- Offer paid, part-time, flexible hours
- Open to students age 18 and over as early as freshman year
Federal Work Study (FWS) Program
A federally funded campus-based aid program designed to provide part-time jobs for eligible students. FWS jobs are primarily on-campus.
- Eligibility is shown on your Financial Aid Award Notification on MyAkron.
- Students awarded FWS can be paid from their FWS award for most on-campus student employment positions. Earnings are not applied directly to your bill (tuition, fees, etc.).
- FWS earnings do not count against aid eligibility for the next year's FAFSA