On-Campus Student Employment
On-Campus Student Employment is managed by the Career Services & Student Employment office within Workday. Student Employment Job Aids are available in the Workday Training Document Library. The Student Employment job aids include a list of the information that you need to gather prior to submitting a Hire request or Job Change request. It may be helpful to review other job aids in the document library that pertain to relevant topics, i.e. timekeeping, payroll, and using the Workday App.
Student Employment jobs are located on campus within UA Offices and Departments. This includes Federal Work Study positions.
- Provide opportunities to gain skills and make valuable connections
- Allow students to gain experiential learning opportunities for resumes
- Offer paid, part-time, flexible hours
- Open to students age 18 and over as early as freshman year
Federal Work Study (FWS) Program
A federally funded campus-based aid program designed to provide part-time jobs for eligible students. FWS jobs are primarily on-campus.
- Eligibility is shown on your Financial Aid Award Notification on MyAkron.
- Students awarded FWS can be paid from their FWS award for most on-campus student employment positions. Earnings are not applied directly to your bill (tuition, fees, etc.).
- FWS earnings do not count against aid eligibility for the next year's FAFSA