Orientation for new graduate students
Welcome to Akron!
Many departments offer orientation programs for students entering their graduate programs; these are designed to provide specific information about programs and graduate assistantship assignments.
All graduate assistants must be available to attend any orientations required by the college, department/school, or International Center. Orientations are generally held two weeks prior to the start of fall semester. Contact your academic department for more information.
Links for new graduate students
- Residence Life and Housing
- Student Employment
- Campus map
- Campus shuttle
- Library services
- Sexual harassment policy | Reporting sexual misconduct | Title IX at Akron
- Counseling Center
- City of Akron
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Student Health Services | Health insurance
- UA athletics
- UA bookstore
- UAnet Services - getting online (Visit UAnet Services to set up UAnet ID and Password)
- Zip Card information: The Zip Card is the official university ID card.
- My Akron (My Akron provides online student services such as class schedules, student financials, class enrollment, etc.)
Information for graduate assistants
Download a PowerPoint: Online orientation for new graduate assistants
- Cross-registration agreement
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Grievance procedure for graduate students
- University research, copyright and patents
Academic honesty is fundamental to the activities and principles of any university. All members of an academic community must be confident that each person's work has been responsible and honorably acquired, developed and presented. The assumption that your work is a fair representation of your actual ability, knowledge and skills form the basis of institutional quality and the quality of its graduates.
For more information please view The University of Akron's policy on Plagiarism and Academic Integrity.