Help with your General Education Courses
Do you need some extra help with your classes? Tutorial Services offers one-on-one tutoring in a wide range of General Education courses. This service is free to University of Akron students.
Help with math courses
Tutorial Services provides tutoring for the following math classes:
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Calculus III
- Differential Equations
Tutors are available for all of these areas in math without an appointment. Students who need help in other entry-level math classes should visit Bierce Math Lab.
Help with your Gen Ed classes
Tutorial Services provides assistance for many classes, including the following:
- Sciences: Chemistry (including Organic Chemistry), Biology (including Anatomy and Physiology), Physics (including Astronomy)
- Social Sciences: Including Psychology, Economics, and Statistics
- Nursing: Including General and Organic Biochemistry
- Business: Including Calculus with Business Applications
- Modern Languages
An appointment is required for tutoring in these areas.
Hours of Operation (Fall/Spring)
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday
Please call 330-972-6552 for more information.
Bierce Library, Ground Floor (adjacent to Bierce Writing Commons)