Congratulations to Kriston Cline for receiving the 2013 Outstanding Adult/Nontraditional Learner Award!
UA Adult Focus
Welcome! If you have been out of school for a while, we are committed to making it easy to enroll. Start here.
An academic support service for adult learners. An adult learner is any student who satisfies one of the following conditions:
- 25 years old or older
- Assumes multiple life roles such as a parent, spouse/partner, employee, caregiver and student
- Returns to school after four or more years of employment, homemaking, or other activity
- Veteran of the armed services
Any student, regardless of age, whose primary life roles and responsibilities exist independent of the University and take precedence over the role of student in times of crisis or stress is considered to be an adult student.
- Preadmission advising for new adult and veteran students
- Primary resource and contact for returning students
- Adult-oriented services and programs
- Focus on Success one-credit study skills class
- Scholarship opportunities
- Prompt and accurate information, in-person and via electronic media
- A friendly staff and convenient office hours
- A computer lab and quiet study lounge