Scholarships for adult students
NOTE: Please read each scholarship individually for an active link to an application to complete or where to go for a hard copy. If there is no active link, please check back.
UA Adult Focus scholarships
- Verna Trushel Displaced Homemakers' Scholarship
- Osher Foundation Reentry Scholarship
- Adult Continuing and Completer Scholarship
See also: Scholarship information from UA's Financial Aid Office.
- American Legion
- Amvets: Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo Family Foundation Memorial Scholarship
- Amvets National Scholarship Program
- Amvets Scholarships
- Daniel Devnick Scholarship
- Goedeker’s Appliances Public Service Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Military Veterans Scholarship
- Military Order of the Purple Heart Scholarship
- Society of Sponsors of the U.S. Navy Centennial Scholarship Program
- NBCC Foundation
- Pat Tillman Foundation
- The Army Women’s Foundation (AWF) Legacy Scholarship
- Troops to Teachers
- Veterans United Scholarship Program
- VFW Military Scholarship
- Barberton Community Foundation Adult Back to School
- Barberton Community Foundation Magic Scholarship
- Choose Ohio First STEM Scholarship
- College Club West Scholarships for Women
- College Now Greater Cleveland
- Modern Woodmen College Scholarship Program
- Ruth Wolter Tuition Grant for the mature woman who needs one year or less to complete her college degree
- Wayne County Women's Network Scholarship
- WITAN President's Scholarship
One of the major concerns of adult students is finding the money to finance their education. Often, adult students are unaware of where to find help or what programs they have eligible to them. A very helpful scholarship site is the Ohio Career Information System (OCIS). Even though it is a site for career inventories which is very good, there is Ohio scholarship information that is updated constantly from a national database. You must log in with your UAnet ID, create a portfolio and then click on Financial Aid Sort. Follow the instructions and you can make your search as narrow or broad as you would like.
One excellent opportunity to consider is the Adult Learner Scholarship from College Now Greater Cleveland. These are scholarships for adults (age 19 and older) pursuing an associate's degree or first bachelor's degree. Information and downloadable applications are available at College Now. Other websites for adult learners to investigate include:
Helpful information on Federal Student Aid for Adult Students.
Writing assistance available for your scholarship essay
Need help writing a scholarship essay? Download Scholarship Essay Tips provided by College Now Greater Cleveland (formerly Cleveland Scholarship Programs).