After grants and scholarships are applied to your account, the balance of your cost of attendance can be paid using loans. Unlike other types of financial aid, loans must be repaid.
Student advisory regarding Federal Direct Subsidized Loans: first-time borrowers on or after July 1, 2013 are subject to a time limit.
There are several types of loans available, each having different interest rates, repayment period and other details. Learn more.
Complete the FAFSA for the following loans:
- Federal Direct Subsidized
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized
- Nursing (by December 1 to be considered eligible)
Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student (PLUS)
- Go to studentloans.gov to apply and complete the PLUS loan Master Promissory Note.
- Apply and accept private loans through FASTChoice
- A list of recommended lenders is provided through FASTChoice
- Review the Information regarding Private Student Loans
- Federal Direct Loans
- Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- GradPLUS Loans
- Apply and accept Private Loans through FASTChoice
- University of Akron students and parents should be aware that if they enter into an agreement regarding a Title IV, HEA loan that information will be disclosed to NSLDS and will be accessible by authorized agencies, lenders, and other post-secondary educational institutions.
- Student Loan Code of Conduct