Office of Student Financial Aid
Access 24/7/365 UA financial aid support
Get immediate help with your financial aid anytime by calling 330-972-7032 or visiting the Financial Aid Support Center. Have your financial aid questions answered over the phone or via chat, from FAFSA to scholarships and loans.
The Akron Guarantee Scholarship not only guarantees the yearly renewal of your scholarship for as long as you remain on track toward a degree, but it also offers greater financial support through automatic yearly upgrades. Learn more.
2019-20 is underway!
- Complete and submit the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for enrollment during Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and/or Spring 2020. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA regardless of your financial situation. Be sure to include UA’s school code: 003123.
- We started mailing 2019-20 financial aid award letters for new freshmen in mid-January; continuing student award notifications (via email) are expected to start late-March/early-April!
- Students who met the Dec. 1, 2018 priority FAFSA date for the 2019-20 academic year will be considered for every financial aid program for which they are eligible, while funds are available. Students whose FAFSAs were submitted to the U.S. Department of Education after Dec. 1 are not automatically eligible for federal university-administered funds, such as Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and Federal Work-Study unless there are funds remaining after students who met the deadline are awarded.
- Complete and submit the Private (Endowed) Scholarship Application by May 1. There is a separate application for new freshman undergraduate students (priority deadline Jan. 31, 2019), transfer undergraduate students, and continuing undergraduate students.
2018-19 Academic Year Info
Here are key points for enrollment during 2018-19 at The University of Akron!
- Complete and submit the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - for enrollment during Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and/or Spring 2019. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA regardless of your financial situation. Be sure to include UA’s school code: 003123.
- Student advisory: No need to pay for financial aid services.
- Starting at UA during the Spring 2019 semester? Contact us to make sure your financial aid is in order for a smooth transition in the spring!